Thursday, March 13, 2008

In The Studio...

Sadly, most of my studio "stuff" (equipment, tools, etc.) is still packaged and being stored until I find the perfect studio space...but the one piece I couldn't bear to pack away was my big work bench...an antique mahogany library table (the photo here is of the carved detail on its curved legs)...so now it sits in my bedroom, serving as combination mini-jewelry-studio, computer desk and vanity until the rest of my furniture arrives and it moves to its new home in my Savannah studio.

In The Studio...

Over the years I have always welcomed customers in to my studio so they could see where I work, look at all the beautiful gems *before* they are made into jewelry, and sometimes just to have a glass of wine and enjoy my mini-library of jewelry design & gemstone books. I have also had many requests from out-of-town customers to view my studio online...and once my new studio space is set up I plan to do just that! Starting in April I am introducing an "In the studio" series of posts on my blog...stay tuned for details

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your new series.

Your library tabel/bench is wonderful!

A Blond And A Torch said...

That looks so pretty!

une petite etoile said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow, this sounds like such an exciting time for you! and I'm wishing you all the best with your new venture!!! I hope you get settled soon and find peace, because if you're at all like me, these changes can interrupt the creativity process. Anyway, I hope you get back to doing what you do so well - namely creating awesome gemstone art... Take care - Anna Lee H.
ps. Very sorry to hear you left etsy. You will really be missed.

Corra said...

I will be the first to subscribe the new series! :)